#202: Ebony And Ivory

Oh Honey, Will You Lub Dis Coon? By Lindsay Lennox

I’se waiting neaf your winder just to tell you
Honey dear
Dat for lub ob you my
Honey, Oh my heart full ob fear
But now de moon am shin-nin’ and dere’s no one nigh to hear
Oh Honey, will you lub dis coon?
Oh my heart has felt like breakin’
When I’ve seen your smile so sweet
Tho’ you neber once hab smiled on me but on dat nigger Pete
Still I hopefully now come to lay my heart dear at your feet
O Honey, will you lub dis coon?
O Honey Honey, tell me or my heart break soon
O Honey, Honey, Honey will you lub dis coon?
Oh my heart am beating fast, for your answer sweet at last,
Oh Honey, will you lub dis coon?
If you will lub me, Honey, I will true and faithful be
I will ne’er forget de vow I make
You are so dear to me
Oh say you wont refuse de ring I’se brought tonight for thee
Oh! Honey, will you lub dis coon?
For no coon will prouder be dan me if you will be my wife
I will lub thee and I’ll shield thee
Oh my Honey from my all strife,
But if you should answer “No” den I shall care no more for life
Oh! Honey, will you lub dis coon?
Honey, Hony, Honey will you lub dis coon?
O Honey, Honey tell me or my heart break soon
O Honey, Honey, Honey, will you lub dis coon?
Oh my heart am beating fast
For your answer sweet at last,
Oh! Honey, will you lub dis coon?
---------------------

The things you find in job lots.  I was kind of amazed to find this sheet music in the middle of a lot of Elvis, Johnny Cash and Bee Gees recently, and a Greasy Pop flexi-disc.  Work that one out.  I wonder if Lindsay Lennox wrote this fine example of hate before or after he wrote his messages of peace?  Maybe not.

I've long been aware of such racist songs from America's past, but it still amazes me, especially when you see fat cretins like Glenn Beck and that loud fat moron O'Reilly claiming that Australia is racist...but then, again, perhaps not.  All I can hope is that I'll find the response sheet music, "Oh Honey, Will You Chop The Nuts Off That Ignorant, Pin Dicked, White Supremacist, Hood Wearing Fuckhead?"

And, not that I need to tell my pals this, but you know that I don't subscribe to this kind of race hating shit, it's rank and should never have happened.  But as the KKK are still active, along with various cowardly Neo-Nazis, it's never a bad idea to remember the past and how bad it got.  That's the only way we can move forward to a better, brighter, future when everyone realises that there is no racism, just hate, because we're all ONE race, the human race.

It's as easy as that really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#288: Lick It Up

#205: Something Stupid (The Incest Song)

#210: Shaddap You Face