#172: Cars

Ain't she sweet? I found this dirty little beast in a car park today, waiting to go into an auction. At least, that's what I was told. Personally if it's still there tomorrow morning I might push it home and start restoring it back to health.

You don't see all that many Wolseley 24/80s around the place anymore - hell, you don't see many Wolseley's at all - and this one was last registered at some point in the 1970s, after which it was stored in a garage, obviously, and the dirt was allowed to settle on it. The interiors look good and as the car was only manufactured between 1962 to 1967 it'd be a bargain for anyone looking for a retro vehicle. And, even better, the Wolseley 24/80 was an Australian only car, so it's a definite collector’s item.

Man, I'd love to have one of these buggers in the driveway, but I expect that I'd shock a lot of people because, *gasp* I'd drive it as much as possible. But then you are talking about a guy who once drove to Noosa and back in a 1965 Beetle, that was so clapped out that it's top speed was 90kms per hour (going downhill). The best part was crossing the Hay Plains using a brick as a rudimentary form of cruise control as I hung my feet out of the window (it was the height of summer) to cool down.  Now that's a trip I should write about one day, but I have to check to make sure there's no charges pending, even after all this time.

Man, I miss that car. Until it finally died, and it died in spectacular fashion, it served me well. I'd love another Beetle of the same vintage, but I'm not holding my breath finding one. Until then, perhaps a Wolseley? Even a filthy little bitch like that one? Seriously, the dirt only adds to the appeal. Damn straight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#288: Lick It Up

#205: Something Stupid (The Incest Song)

#210: Shaddap You Face